Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Happy as a 'Crocheted' Clam


Plush Clams in Crochet

The expression “Happy as a Clam” is short for “Happy as a Clam at High Tide” (when it can't easily be dug up and eaten). These hand-crocheted clams are always happy because they are soft and cuddly plush toys.

Crocheted clams are so cute they would  make anyone happy. These handmade clams can be found in the Etsy Shop of Coastal Crochet Crafts.

Seaside Stuffie


crochet clams on Etsy



These sweet seaside stuffed clams are handmade in crochet with yellow, blue and burgundy acrylic yarn.  They live in a brown clamshell lined with tan yarn.  

Crocheted clams have black plastic craft eyes for features and are stuffed with soft polyfil. They measure just 3 inches across and are surrounded by a 4 inch brown clamshell.  This clam and her clamshell make a cute two-piece set.


 Clams can also be created in any colors you desire. :)




Clams as Food

New England Clam Chowder
Bowl of Clam Chowder (Wikimedia)

Since we all know that 'real' clams are delicious to eat, you might like to know that February 25th is “Clam Chowder Day”.  Celebrate by having a bowl of yummy clam chowder of your choice (my favorite is New England Clam Chowder). Just don't let your crocheted pet clam know.

Homemade Clam Dip



For a tasty snack for a party or any get-together, here's a recipe for my personal homemade clam dip to serve with chips or pretzels. 


Clams are Fun, Whether as a Delicious Morsel to Eat or as Plush Toys

 

Clamshells on the Beach (Pixabay)
Clamshells on the Beach

Whether you enjoy eating clam dishes or are enchanted by an adorable plush toy clam handmade in crochet, my crocheted clams and I hope you had a good time at our playtime beach today.



National Happy Clams on Half Shell Day 

March 31st




(c) 2/4/2015 Wednesday Elf.  Updated 3/31/2021












Note: The author may receive a commission from purchases made using links found in this article. “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”

10 comments:

  1. lol, these are very cute! I look forward to seeing the choice items that are selected to be crocheted, and this is very different - they could be used at a table setting where a seafood dinner is the theme! one beside each plate (kids would love that)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a fun idea, Barbara. I can just see a collection of these little crocheted clams as place settings for a seafood dinner. And you are right - kids would love them. You could also perhaps use them for a beach-theme dinner party or kids summertime birthday party with these little clams as the take-home 'party favor' treat for the kids.

      Delete
  2. All of your crocheted critters are fabulous! Who would have ever thought a clam could be so adorable. Of course, I love the little blue clam, but they are all positively precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, my crocheted clams are so happy you think they are adorable, Mouse. Thanks for coming by to visit them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute little crocheted clams! It's a perfect day here to celebrate Clam Chowder Day, and I promise not to tell the cute crocheted critters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy a bowl of clam chowder today, Susan. My crocheted clams won't mind. :)

      Delete
  5. These crocheted clams are precious! I love the Yellow one. hmm, might have to make one for myself. I think I have the yarn for it...I don't eat clams so they are safe from me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These little clams are fun to crochet, Heather. I just sent you a link to the pattern I used. :)

      Delete
  6. Your crochet creations are always so delightful! I've never seen a more beautiful clam. Truly adorable Elf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are beautiful creations. Well done!

    ReplyDelete